Monday, April 25, 2011

Walgreens Trip

Because there were no coupon inserts in the paper yesterday, I didn't put much time into making my list for Walgreens. That's why I didn't think I'd leave the store today with any great savings stories to tell. I have to say, though, I think today's trip might have been my best savings to date. Here's what I got:
-Nexcare Adhesive Bandages, on sale for $2.99. These also came with a full mail-in rebate.
-Taster's Choice instant coffee pouches, $1.19. I used a $1/1 coupon, making them $.19.
-Sun laundry detergent, 117 oz., $4.99. I used an in-ad coupon, making it $2.99.
-Stayfree pads, $2.99. I used a $1/1 coupon, plus Walgreens had a $3 Register Reward, giving me a $1 overage.
I paid: $1. 16

I split this into two transactions. In the first, I purchased the bandages and the pads. The total was $5.98. I used the $1/1 coupon for the pads and a $4 RR from last week's trip, so I paid $.98 for the first transaction, and I received a $3 RR. 

I did a second transaction, purchasing the coffee and the detergent. The total was $6.18. I used the $2/1 in-ad detergent coupon and the $1/1 coffee coupon, plus the $3 RR from the first transaction, so I paid just $.18.

Remember that the bandages included that $2.99 mail-in rebate. When I receive that back, I will have actually made $1.83 on this transaction. Considering I was in the store for all of about 10 minutes, I'm pretty happy with that amount!

No comments:

Post a Comment