Sunday, April 17, 2011

Is This Still Good?

Have you ever noticed that most foods don't come with simple expiration dates? Instead, they contain phrases like "best if used by" or "sell by". It's hard to know what exactly each date means. Aside from just going ahead and eating that questionable yogurt, or tasting that iffy milk, how can you feel confident that a product is still okay to use?


Here is my Should I Throw This Out? Bible. This website, Still Tasty, answers any and all questions you might have regarding food longevity. How long can you safely keep cooked chicken breast in your fridge? Does honey ever go bad? Does produce have to be refrigerated? Still Tasty answers all of those questions and more. They even have advice on how to tell when produce is ripe, what foods can successfully be frozen, and more. It's my go-to website when I can't get in touch with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment