Monday, May 30, 2011

Target Highlights

Let me begin with a confession: I love Target. If the Albany Target had a full food section, and I lived closer, and I wasn't as concerned about saving money, I would probably live at Target.


If you aren't familiar with Target's coupon policy and how it works, I'll tell you briefly. Target has dozens of coupons online. You can print these coupons and pair them with manufacturer coupons. Match both of those with a sale, and you'll find prices that compete with any drugstore or chain department store.


Like all coupon printing sites, though, Target only allows a maximum number of each coupon to print. So each month, when the online coupons reset, I browse the list and print any coupons for products I might want. That way, if the end of the month rolls around and I find a great manufacturer coupon, I don't have to look online for the Target coupon for the same product, only to find that it's no longer available. This strategy usually results in me ending up with more printed coupons than I'll use, but for me it's worth it to score some great deals. 


To read and print Target's full coupon policy, go here. I won't bore you with the complete details of my Target trip, but here are a few of the highlights:
-Aveeno Active Natural's lotion, $2.99 each. Used $3/2 manufacturer coupon, stacked with 2 $1/1 Target coupons, making these $.49 each.


-Lipton tea bags, $1.09 each. Used $1/2 coupon I received after contacting Unilever, stacked with $1/2 Target coupon, making these $.09 each.


-Taster's Choice single serve packets, $1.04. Used $1/1 manufacturer coupon that came with my free sample, making them $.04.


Target often offers coupons for items that you wouldn't traditionally find coupons for. For example, today I bought sunglasses using a $2 off coupon. They sometimes have a coupon for Circo brand children's socks, and if you buy the least expensive pair, they're often free. If you don't live close to Target, consider matching up manufacturer coupons with Target coupons for several weeks in a row, then making one big trip when you'll be purchasing enough items to make it worth your while.

No comments:

Post a Comment