Saturday, October 22, 2011

Super Savings Saturday: Thriftway

I rarely shop at Thriftway. They usually have a couple great weekly sales, but other than those few items, I find the quality of their produce to be inconsistent and their other prices to be too high. However, their sales ad caught my eye this week because of a few great coupons.

I wanted to buy a gallon of milk, but the $1.99 coupon stipulated that you must make a $10 minimum purchase. My goal was to leave the store having spent less than $15, so I made a short list, loaded G into the cart, and headed inside. I ended up finding a couple deals that were too good to pass up, so it worked out well. Here is what I bought:
-1 quart whole milk, $1.49 (for Griff's first dairy experience!)
-2.38 pounds of bananas at $.49/pound (with in-ad coupon), $1.17
-1 gallon Western Family skim milk, $1.99 (with in-ad coupon)
-1 hothouse tomato, .72 pounds at $.99/pound, $.71
-1.69 pounds of Fuji apples at $.79/pound, $1.34
-1 Granny Smith apple, .55 pounds at $.79/pound, $.43.
-2 bottles Gold Peak iced tea, $1 each. Used 2 $1/1 coupons, making these free
-1.23 pounds of carrots at $.69/pound, $.85
-2 pound brick of cheddar cheese, $2.99 (with in-ad coupon)
-Dozen eggs, $.99 (with in-ad coupon)
-Turkey Italian sausages, $3. I used 1 $1/1 coupon that doubled to $1.50, making these $1.50

After my $.05 discount for bringing my own reusable bag, I paid $13.41.

No comments:

Post a Comment