Sunday, October 16, 2011

Super Savings Saturday (on Sunday)

Obviously, I didn't get around to posting this yesterday. I don't really have a good excuse for this, other than that work, a family birthday dinner, and my recently developed addiction to the TV show Sister Wives took precedence.

Regardless, here it is now. This is my Rite Aid shopping trip from last Sunday:
Transaction #1:
-2 M&M's fun size candy, regularly $3.99, on sale $2 each. Used $1.50/2 coupon, paid $1.75 each.
-2 John Freida Root Awakening shampoo, regularly $7.29, on sale $5 each. Used two $2/1 coupons, paid $3 each.
-1 Cepacol sore throat lozenges, regularly $5.29, on sale $2.50. Paid $2.50.
On this transaction, I used a $10 +UP Reward (from my CoverGirl shopping trip), paid $1 out of pocket, and received $8.50 in +UP Rewards.

Transaction #2:
-1 Infant Advil, regularly $7.49, on sale $5. Used $1/1 coupon, paid $4.
-1 Burt's Bees cough drops, regularly $1.99, on sale $1.49. Paid $1.49.
-1 Thermacare heat wraps, regularly $7.49, on sale $5. Used $3/1 coupon, paid $2.
On this transaction, I used $3.50 in +UP Rewards and paid $3.99 out of pocket. Note: This would have been free if the cashier had scanned the largest +UP Reward first, but she didn't. She scanned the two smaller ones, leaving a $4 total and a $5 +UP Reward, so I just paid it.

Transaction #3:
-2 Colgate Optic White toothpaste, regularly $4.79, on sale $3.99 each. Used $1/1 coupon (could have used two, but I only had one), paid $3.49 each.
On this transaction, I used $6.49 in +UP Rewards, paid $.49 out of pocket, and received $6 in +UP Rewards.

Transaction #4:
-1 Airwick candle, regularly $3.29, on sale $2. Used $1/1 coupon, paid $1.
-2 Carefree liners, regularly $1.69, on sale $1 each. Used $1/2 coupon, paid $.50 each.
On this transaction, I used $2 in +UP Rewards and paid $0 out of pocket (this was my first ever $0 transaction!)

In total, I got $61.07 in product and paid only $5.48 out of pocket, for a savings of 91%. I also left with a $5 +UP Reward, which I rolled into more savings during today's shopping trip.

If you'd like to get started saving lots of money at Rite Aid, here are a few links to walk you through it:

No comments:

Post a Comment