Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Your Turn!

So, this blogging thing is a little bit one-sided. I get to tell my readers everything that I know, and y'all get to use the information to save money and live better. Well, now it's time for a little role reversal. I want y'all to share your favorite bit of homemaking advice with me!

There are no limits. It can have to do with cooking, cleaning, parenting, saving money, having fun, or anything else you thing me or another reader might not know. Just leave a comment sharing your sage wisdom. If I see something particularly helpful, I might just share it in the blog later!


Ready, go!

3 comments:

  1. I'll go first! Whenever you eat or bake with citrus fruit, put the peels down the garbage disposal. Your kitchen will smell great the next several times you run the disposal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use Suave Daily Clarifying Shampoo to remove oil-based stains from clothing. It's not very good as hair shampoo, because it's so drying and strips your hair - but that what makes it great at removing greasy stains, I've found. It works great as a pre-treatment on oil-based stains (such as lip gloss, ranch dressing, cooking oils or other greasy food stains). Just dab a little water on the stain, add the clarifying shampoo, agitate/rub for 30-40 seconds, let sit for a few minutes, rinse, and throw in the wash as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep sugar scrub on hand at all times! It's the easiest way to get the sticky bandaid residue off of your kiddos and to scrub stickers off of tables and walls when you don't have a scrubber handy.

    ReplyDelete