Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Deals Lately

The weekend before last I was out of town, and last weekend we were busy with graduation and the senior all-night party. Because of all that, I haven't been to Walgreens or Rite Aid in three weeks. I did go to Walmart yesterday, where I bought what I'll need to make supper until the end of the month. I won't bore you with the detail of that entire trip, but here are a few highlights:
-Dial Body Wash, trial size- $.97. Used $2/1 coupon, making this free plus $1.03 overage
-Ore-Ida Sweet Potato Fries- free
-8 packages of Wet Wipes Singles- $.97 each. Used 4 $1/2 coupons, making them $.47 each
-Pert Plus Shampoo, trial size- $.97. Used $1/1 coupon, making it free plus $.03 overage

Today after work I went to Safeway to take advantage of their mix and match offer. The deal is that you buy any eight of the 3000 participating items and receive $.50 off each item. I didn't have a list, but I wandered the aisles until I found eight deals that I was satisfied with. My two best deals of the day, though, weren't even part of the mix and match.
Classico Pasta Sauce, $3.19 each. These were B1G1 free, which took the price down to $1.60 each. Then I had a $1/2 coupon, which Safeway doubled up to $.50, giving me an additional $1.50 off, or $.75 off each jar. I paid $.85 each.
Resolve Stain Remover, $3.89 each. These were also B1G1 free, making them $1.95 each. I used 2 $.50/1 coupons, which Safeway doubled to $1 each. I paid $.95 each.

Overage?
Are you unfamiliar with the concept of overages and how to make them work for you? If so, you might want to read tomorrow's post! Plus, don't forget to enter the La Bella Rosa Giveaway- it ends tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment