Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Where I've Been

I'm sure my legions of dedicated followers have noticed that I haven't posted in more than a week. Between not feeling well, a camping trip, and everyday life getting in the way, I just haven't had the time. But I'm back, and boy have I been thinking.


I know that the majority of my blog posts discuss ways to save money, specifically by using coupons. If we go way back, to my first post, you'll see that wasn't by goal at all. Don't get me wrong; using coupons is a big part of my life, and I want to share that. It just isn't what I envisioned being the focus of this blog.


So what do I see as the focus? For that, I have to refer to the title of the blog: Mom on a Mission. My mission is to make my family, our house, and the world around us the best I can for my son and for the (hopefully many) children we'll have in the future. Right now I'm looking to simplify our lives to allow us to save more, give more, and have more time together.


Be on the lookout for a few changes around here. My money saving posts aren't going anywhere; saving money will always be a passion of mine. And in the end, I think it leads back to the same place. I want to save money because it's all about being the best steward I can of the gifts I've been given: finances, children, a home, my husband. This blog is all about that journey, so you can expect more posts about all of that in the future. Sounds fun, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment