Monday, March 28, 2011

What I Know So Far

I may be only 24 years old, and I may be new to this whole motherhood thing (if we don't count "raising" my husband), but I've already got a couple of things figured out.


First of all, I know that our expenses and bills always seem greater than our income (from what I gather, this seems to be a common problem). Because of this, I've developed something of an obsession with saving money via coupons, free samples, giveaways, and sales. As I get better at all of those things, I hope to share my progress right here.


Second, I've learned that all of those cliches about parenthood are true. I never knew I could love someone this much, it's the best thing that's ever happened to me, I can't imagine life without him, etc. In the five short months that I've been a parent, I've come to see the world in a different way. I see the way I want the world to be, the world I want to raise my son, and my future children, in. Being a mom has made me realize that there are certain lessons I want my children to learn.


For instance, I want to teach them that life is as great as you want it to be, and you can choose to be happy with what you're given. I want my kids to know that, even though we'll probably never have a lot of money (I'm still holding out for that lottery thing), we can still have fun. I want them to learn what it means to give of yourself. I want to teach them to love Jesus, and to be that love to others.


So the things I know take up about three paragraphs. The things I don't know will, presumably, fill this blog for years to come. I have so much learning to do. My goal is to use this space to share what I learn, and to glean knowledge from anyone that offers it.

No comments:

Post a Comment