Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Company Contact List Update

Here's an update on my progress with contacting companies and manufacturers. So far, I've contacted the first nine companies on my list. This is how it went down:


1. Continental Airlines. We flew on Continental at the end of July and had an awful experience. My email wasn't answered for ten days, which didn't sit well with me, but we'll hopefully be receiving a refund for the bulkhead seats we paid for but didn't get to sit in.


2. Cetaphil (face wash). The response I got from Cetaphil suggested that I visit the website to print coupons, and also said they would mail coupons to me.


3. Pepsi. Unfortunately, Pepsi couldn't offer me any coupons, but they suggested that I "like" their Facebook page to stay aware of any special promotions.


4. Boudreaux's Butt Paste. Within four days, I received in the mail from Boudreaux's five small sample packets and three $1/1 coupons.


5. Angel Soft. Angel Soft does not offer coupons through the mail.


6. Magnum (ice cream bars). Okay, first, have you tried these things? They defy description, especially the caramel ones. They didn't offer me any coupons by mail, but suggested that I sign up at their website to receive special offers in the future.


7. Lysol. I received an email response from Lysol, but there was no offer of samples or coupons.


8. Burt's Bees. Again, Burt's sent an email thanking me for my kind words regarding their products, but didn't offer any coupons.


9. Gerber. Gerber suggested visiting their website for coupons and promotions, but also said I can expect coupons in the mail.


10. Avent (breast pump). I haven't contacted Avent yet. Their website is less than easy to navigate, and from what I can gather, I can only contact them via telephone about the breast pump. And of course, I can only do that before 6 pm Eastern Time. My pump has a broken piece. It still works, but every time I use it- which is about six times each day, as I exclusively pump- it's more difficult to make it work. The thing has to last me at least three more months, until G is one year old, so I'm really hoping Avent can hook me up with a replacement part.


If you're contacting companies this month, I'd love to know who you've talked to and what the outcome is.

No comments:

Post a Comment