Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I've discovered an unexpected bonus of having a blog: I'm motivated to take on new projects simply so I can share the results with you. Several weeks ago I came across a section on Real Simple, detailing new uses for old things. One of the things mentioned was ice cube trays, and how they can be used to organize jewelry. Since I've been on an ongoing quest to find a practical way to organize my earrings, I decided give it a shot. Then I decided, what the heck, I might as well tackle the whole drawer. Here is what it looked like before:
Organizing everything was actually pretty fun, because I discovered some different pieces of jewelry that I'd forgotten I had.
I ended up using a large bracelet to hold several smaller ones.
At first I was afraid the ice cube tray idea would just look cheap, but then I decided that I don't really care. I'm the only one who will see it, and all that matters is that I can access everything easily. It was pretty cool that, in the end, I had just enough little cubes for everything to fit.
I was really happy with the final result.
Now I don't have to wear the same four pairs of earrings all the time! The whole project took me about fifteen minutes, and now I smile every time I open drawer. Perhaps I'll tackle the linen closet next?

No comments:

Post a Comment